Bureau Books 45 Events First Half FY 16/17
Cumberland County, NC – In the first half of the 2016/17 fiscal year, the Fayetteville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (FACVB) secured 45 future meetings, tournaments and group tours for Cumberland County in the coming months and years. These events, which represent 12,862 room nights at county hotels, will impact Cumberland County’s economy at $4.3 million.
Additionally, in the first half of FY 16/17, the FACVB
- Attended 7 trade shows where staff made 350 contacts with planners and event organizers. Generated 107 leads for future meetings, tournament and group business. These leads represent 12,372 room nights at area hotels and an economic impact of $11 million
- Serviced 6,826 inquiries at three visitor centers, distributed 35,100 Fayetteville Area Visitor Guides and fulfilled 138 group service requests.
- Relaunched GoFayetteville.com as a blog covering things for visitors and locals to experience in Cumberland County. Grew users of the site by more than 300%. Launched a facebook page to support the blog. Posted 21 stories, covering the top areas of visitor interest.
- Introduced new collateral materials for group tour planners. The materials allow for a personalized package to be sent in response to planner inquires. Learn More.
- Worked with Cumberland County municipalities and other partners to develop Heroes Homecoming IV, which honored World War II Veterans. See the event recap here: HeroesHomecoming.com
- Revised our email promotions campaign with heavy visual components. See sample HERE.
- Secured 1672 listings for area events in trade magazines and on media websites.
- Issued 17 press releases, facilitated two travel writer visits and secured 77 pieces of publicity in travel and local media.
“Everything begins with a visit,” says John Meroski, FACVB president and CEO. “Our organization works hard to increase the number of visitors, expenditures and, in turn, taxes collected.”
ABOUT THE FACVB
The FACVB is a private, not-for-profit organization responsible for positioning Cumberland County as a destination for conventions, sporting events and individual travel. For additional information, visit www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com or call 1-888-98-HEROES.